Monday, March 30, 2009

Assignment #1 - Journal Before Shooting

Okay so I have no idea how this will turn out. I don't really know what I'm doing this weekend, so I'm not sure what my day of shooting will be of. But I think it is kind of a cool idea to just take pictures wherever you are.. its a good skill. But difficult for me. I like to walk around or get in a photo mood or have an idea of where I want to go to get good pictures. So this isn't exactly what I'm used to. Oh well. I think the hardest ones with be right when I wake up and right when I go to bed. Because when I first get up I am definitely not in a photo mood. I am not thinking creatively. And when I go to bed I'm just tired and don't want to think. And, there aren't many good pictures by my bed or in my room. Believe me, I've tried. But I guess trying again can't hurt. I just hope I have an interesting day and go to some different places where I would never normally think so shoot like the grocery store. I think this could give me some other cool ideas on other ideas for other pictures later, because I think these pictures might be different from others I've taken because this might be the first time I'm at a place, and I might have a strange view.. but thats cool. I think it would be great if these photos were strong on their own but even stronger together. If they could show what I basically did during my day, that would be great. But who knows if that will turn out. First though, they have to be very strong on their own with no need for explanation. Then, with the other pictures, the viewer can totally see what is going on. I doubt it will be great like this but I can always hope..

1 comment:

Mr. Patteson said...

Yep this assgt is hard in the ways you mention. I think you took the right approach, though.