Fish Out of Water.
So I wasn't a big fan of this assignment. I thought it was cool the first time I looked at images similar to this, but then I got tired of them and it became too much of a cliche for me. So before I even started shooting I was bored with it. And because of that, I wasn't very creative. Just sticking stuff with others things that didn't belong with them, or just your basic 'out of place' image. After a few images I thought it would be cool if I didn't set stuff up and just found things naturally that were like this, and that would be a little more interesting to me than coming up with ideas of juxtapositions or stuff like that. I got a few images I liked, but then I hit a wall. There weren't that many images that were interesting and fit this assignment that I could find and liked. So, I went back to setting stuff up. But, not as silly as before. I set up more natural-looking things. Like the National Geographic image that was how I found it, just a little manipulated to make it look more interesting. I really liked that image idea, although the actual image wasn't fantastic. The other image I really liked was the mug in the teacup setup. I'm not sure why I liked this, but I thought it felt and looked really interesting and I was really proud that I came up with that idea. My other images weren't that great, to me. The dinner setup on the toilet was interesting and very different. My mom suggested that one saying "Nobody would eat dinner on the toilet". You would be correct mother. At first I didn't like it, but I didn't have any other ideas so I decided to shoot a few images of that, and ended up taking quite a few because you would be surprised at how difficult it is to shoot a plate on a toilet seat and be able to see that it's a toilet seat and not just some white thing. Anyway, these turned out okay I think, but I didn't love most of my images or shooting this assignment.
Retirement
15 years ago
1 comment:
I like the move you made toward subtlety in some of these - and I see your frustration in some of them. Some neat ideas, though.
Post a Comment