So I really liked my pictures on this assignment because of many things. One is that I got to choose the assignment so I was thinking about it a lot and liked it so I really was into it and liked it. Also, I had more time to shoot and shot more than one roll. While driving around one day, I saw lots of good places to shoot and I got some good ides from that and I felt like I could shoot a few frames on one thing different ways to get the best because I had more frames I could shoot. I also just wanted to do well on this, so I took longer than I normally do to look and get what I wanted which really helped. My first print of a boarded up house really made me think of abandonment because it was abandoned, and forgotten. Although the top of the house is a little annoying because its not all in the frame, I love the white flowers at the bottom because they just pop out to me. The second print I really like because the road just looks cool with the bright light at the end and the dark sides and the white flower clump and I don't know why but I just really like how the fence looks. I know Mr. Patteson doesn't like the third print as much, but I really do. I didn't at first but then Meghan pointed it out and I looked at it after printed and I realized that I really liked it. I love the graffiti on the dumpster so not only is it an old dumpster, but people didn't see it as important so just wrote all over it. That seems abandoned and not taken care of to me. The forth picture wasn't my favorite but M. Patteson liked it so I printed it and i like it, just not as much as the others. I do like how the signs are on the ground though, which is why I shot it in the first place. The sixth one I really like the idea of, but the print didn't turn out as well as I wanted. I like the trashcan on the grass all forgotten and not used, but it was rather gray and I re-printed it and I think it looks a little better, but still a little gray. The seventh one was a pain to print because the white in the background, but after I burned it it looked better and I like this print, but I wish I could've gotten a little closer to what the object was. As you can see, I liked this pictures a lot more than usual because i'm actually saying I like them rather than saying how much I dislike them. I think this final project was important for me and I got good pictures and ideas and although I didn't stink to my first ideas, these I believe are better because they are different than how I normally shoot - all up close on the object. This time I stepped back and shot more of the whole house which was a good learning experience.
1 comment:
Very nice journal and very nice project. I like that your hard work paid off. Even you like it! :)
Post a Comment