So I love this because it really shows what it was like. It shows that these women and children were right there next to the soldiers fighting. It was so horrible, they had to cover their ears they were so close. These people are so vulnerable.I also like how your eye goes to the woman, showing that the affect on the people was much more important than the actual soldiers fighting.
This is the one I talk about later, being really famous. You can the the man's face and how its contorted because he is about to die. You can also see the pain on the soldier's face who is looking. But the man holding the gun seems relaxed, except his arm muscles. It doesn't seem difficult for him to shoot this man, which is just so horrible. This also shows the emptiness of the streets, with only one man behind them.
I love how dark the darks are here. You can see the main man getting helped, but there are other people you can see behind them that could be dead or sleeping in this trench. The man helping looks to have hurt eyes, but is still trying to help because they need all the help they can get. This shows the horrible conditions in this war. The focus shows all the wrinkles in the clothes and the veins in the hands and whatnot.
I love the angle this was shot at. I love the hand being out of focus, so that the more important things could be in focus. I don't know if this man is dead, but I assume he is. Which is why these other men, or some of them being very young boys, are looking at him. This is horrible that these young kids have to see these awful things during this war. They all seem observant, not freaked out like they should be. I also love the sky in this, how it goes from dark lighter.
I love the pain on this woman's face. And the desperation and hopelessness of the boy's. He doesn't seem to expect anything different than what is happening, which looks to me like death or possibly sleeping. I like how its dark in the lower left and lighter in the upper right.
These picture just says it all I think. You can see these boys' and girls' expressions. Horrifying expressions of pain and fear. I love that in the middle is the naked one who seems the most affected here. The dark sky shows the mood, I believe.
Okay, so he died in 2004 of Lou Gehrig's desease. He took pictures of people like Fidel Castro, Mother Theresa, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. But he mostly took pictures of the Vietnam War, and that is what he got his Pulitzer Prize for. The Vietnam War allowed photographers to get the closest they'd gotten before then and since then. They got right in the middle of stuff, which I think is extremely admirable, and a little crazy. He was known to be a perfectionist, and therefore never published a book because he never got it good enough for him. But, there is a book out now, called Eddie Adams: Vietnam. His most famous photograph was one of a man being shot. He was dragged out of a building by a soldier and had a gun to his face. Normally, this is to interrogate the man, so Adams wasn't surprised at all, and wanted the image so he followed them. But then, the soldier just shot the man. This shocked Adams, but he got several shots, including the one right when the bullet hit the man's head. Adams is extremely well-known for this picture that circulated the globe when he came out.
No comments:
Post a Comment