The dyed blonde hair is the first thing noticed. Then comes the designer shirt and belt just for looks. Then the designer jeans and cute shoes pop out at you. Then, the boy she was with smiles and shows his braces. At around 20 years old, for the both of them, it is surprising to see the metal in the mouth. Then, when she turns around I see the face. It is not particularly pretty, and it is the face of someone who tries too much to look good, which just ends up making it worse. The teeth stick out rather far, as the person I was with said “donkey mouth!” I am not close enough to see the eyes, but I imagine they would be blue, for some reason. She is the age of somebody in college, out, it would seem, on a casual date for a smoothie with this boy. It is rather obvious that she likes him, by the way she holds herself, laughs fakely all the time, and is very self-conscious. Another noticed, inevitably, without meaning to or looking at her, is her voice. It is too high and squeaky, but the bad part is that she uses it. A lot. At a loud volume. I am surprised the boy manages to keep a smile on.
No comments:
Post a Comment