At first I thought it was kind of childish how he made everyday objects look different and silly colors, such as the knives. But then, I thought that it was cool and good that he took everyday objects. It shows us these knives that we use everyday in a different way. We never imagined having a purple knive, it was just known that the knives were silver. Thats what they are. And even though these knives are a different color, at first glance you can still tell what they are. I believe this also shows you not to be seduced by color. Color is cool and all but really? Black and white can be just as cool, if not cooler. And people don't need the color to tell them that the purple things are knives, they just know that. Now, I may be reading way too much into this, but I'm tired and it is possilbe that I am hallucinating but this is what went through my mind when I saw this picture. The banana one I like because of the simplicity of the object, but the texture and the different tiny dots of yellow that went in there and makes all the difference. It is much more interesting that just a completely filled in banana all the same shade. This one makes you think, why does the banana not have yellow everywhere? Did something happen to it? Is it old? Again, I like this and this is what I'm thinking, even if this might not be what Warhol intended.
Retirement
15 years ago




1 comment:
I think Warhol intended you to use your mind and ask questions. He succeeded.
Post a Comment