Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Final Project
















So I didn't really have a certain order that I wanted to do these. And Slade said that it didn't matter a ton on mine. But he said to start and end strong. So the ones I have first and last are my favorites I think. Slade really likes the lock, so I put that one after the pepper that is my least favorite. I like the leaning cups, and then the cone isn't as great, so I put that between the two cups. Anyway, I didn't really know how to order these, but this is what I ended up with.
When I first started thinking about final project ideas I couldn't think of anything that I really wanted to do. Everybody eles had really good ideas and I was sitting trying to think of something clever. Slade mentioned a few times to do color conversion of one color different ways. After a while I decided to give in and just do that one. But I wasn't excited about it. But, I went home and shot and started to get excited. One reason was because it was a very easily accesable project. Since I had a lot of red things at my house I just shot everyday things. I tried to make them interesting so at first glance you might not know what it was, such as the last stacked cups or the up-close cone. So, this started and ended the same pretty much. It didn't really morph. I tried taking pictures of different things and different ways and shot quite a bit, but I never tried to reshoot one specific image or chande the whole way things were going. I really like this project after all. Even though they are all red, because of the different shades they look really different. You can't tell that as much in color. In black and white you might never guess that they were all the same color, yet alone red. Thats what I was trying to accomplish at least, that one red color can turn out very different depending on what you do it and the light.
What I learned: I learned that the actual subject isn't the most important part. The composition and light really make the picture. The very first picture of the strap wouldn't be that interesting, except for the good light. And the last picture of the cups is cool I think because most people don't look at cups this way everyday. A picture of a cup could be very boring or very interesting depending on the angle, background, how far away, and the light. Even though these things are everyday, pretty boring objects, I don't think the pictures were boring. Thats what I was working on too, making everyday things seem more interesting. You have to think creatively and outside the box, not like you do everyday when looking at a plastic cup.

1 comment:

Hpugh said...

your final project had no comments, and it was so sad, because it deseved comments. So here's my comment: Great project. I like how you took the ordinary things, and changed them into greatness