Monday, February 9, 2009

Assignment #5 Reshoot


this is the reshoot untouched. this might not be the exact same one because i bracketed and am not sure which one i picked before, because i forgot to do this earlier. but this is what it basically looked like.

This is the reshoot retouched

This is the original picture.

At first I wasn't sure what picture I wanted to reshoot because I didn't think there was one that I loved but needed to be improved. But then I was complaining about this picture and Slade was like thats the picture you are reshooting. I wasn't sure what to do though because I liked the original so much. But, I got a nice lamp and Hannah's hands and the flower and voila. C'est genial! I love the reshoot a ton more than the original. I took several different shots and angles and how close and far away and bracketing and moving the light and yadayada and there it was. The great one. I love it. It really is an improvement. Which, I suppose is what Slade wanted. To teach us that reshooting can do wonders for you. I never thought I would like the reshoot because I thought it was like a take a picture in the moment you know. But anyway, I realized that it can be good and better if you get better light and really focus on what is going on in the shot. Anyway, I'm glad we did this assignment so I learned all this. Also, I only printed once on one sheet of paper and I don't think I did more than 5 steps. I think Slade is making us do this assignment to teach us that reshooting is good. A lot of the time, your first shot isn't always the best. You could get better light, bracket, clear up the background, slow down and take your time. If you do this, you will know what is going on in the frame. I mean, don't get me wrong. I love the candid in the moment shots, but sometimes you can get a picture a lot better even if you didn't think you could. Also, I think Slade put the restrictions on to show that if we bracket and get the right exposure we really won't need to do much. Thats what happened to me. I only did the levels, curves, and then fixed the curves when Slade looked at it. This only took me a few minutes because if you get the right shot, there isn't much you need to do. I barely moved the curves and levels. Anyway, I learned a lot on this assignment and really liked it.

5 comments:

Slade said...

C'est magnifique!

Kasandra. said...

Great great great great grrrrrreat!! Best reshoot yet. It looks a thousand times better and it wasn't even horrid to start with!

Meghan said...

OMG NATALIE I REALLY LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!

(and i really like your final project idea too... good luck!)

Natalie! said...

thankss :)

Natalie! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.