Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thinking..

So I read Hannah's blog and Meghan's blog and they both really made me think. I feel like they completely relate to me as well. I don't even realize I change myself to be like everybody else, its like thats just the way it has to be. But its not. Why should it? Why should I be like everybody else? Why is that good? That would make everybody boring. Who wants to be friends with somebody who is exactly the same as them? I would really like to take a picture of somebody who looks normal next to somebody who looks different. Who would you rather hang out with? Who would be more interesting? Who looks like they are happier and love life more? Who has less stress because they don't spend all day worrying about how they look or get up at 5 to straighten their hair or take 20 minutes to get dressed trying to find the perfect outfit? Sorry if this seems like Meghan's idea but I am trying to get at something a little different. But its hard to explain so sorry if I'm not really getting my point across. My picture also seems a little like Hannah's trying to take pictures of simple things and show how beautiful they are. I just really want to show that less pretty things on the outside are probably better on the inside. Its kind of like you can choose. Good on the outside or inside. I'm not trying to say every pretty girl is mean or shallow because they aren't. Or that every not as pretty girl is nice because they aren't. But pretty does not mean better. Expensive does not mean better. A fancy name brand does not mean better. Sorry I am kind of going off, I'm not even really sure if this makes sense to me. I'm kind of trying to combine Hannah's and Meghan's project if that makes sense. I'm not trying to copy them and it doesn't matter if this counts for extra credit but I'm trying to say that simple things are often better than fancy ornate things. But thats not always. I don't even know where I'm trying to go with this sorry I kind of lost my original point. But anyway kudos to you if you understood any of this. And Meghan's post and Hannah's post really got me thinking and I love that. But its not the kind of thinking that gives me a solution. Its more the kind that leaves me with tons of questions unanswered. But thats ohkay because sometimes you learn more that way anyway. So thanks Hannah and Meghan and sorry if you think I'm copying you because I'm trying not to but I can't really figure out what I'm thinking. Its like just out of my mind's grasp at the moment.

8 comments:

Slade said...

I stuck with you to the end. :)

Meghan said...

Natalie!! Of course I don't think you are copying me! It's an interesting idea that we both have. And I agree, it doesn't end in a solution. It ends in more questions that I think we could keep answering until we die. But I completely understand what you mean. :D

Hpugh said...

I dido meghan, not copying (I sortof copied meghan anyways...the whole phisophical photo thing) and it's more fun to have questions than answers.

Slade said...

Will you three promise me that you'll take photo all the way through 12th grade?! I like the way you guys are challenging each other and thinking in ways that go beyond just pointing and shooting. Keep it up, this attitude/philosophy about life can definitely be contagious!

Meghan said...

I promise :)

Although... I'm not sure how... cuz I'm already in 10th grade. :(

Hpugh said...

I suppose I'll promise, even though i don't like long term commitment (like my life long contract with verizon) because I am just that dedicated to photo :)

Slade said...

This is my new comment. Deal with it.

Natalie! said...

Thank you so much for that heartfelt comment Slade.